Monday, November 23, 2009

Roma

So I miss living in Rome, a lot. I miss the market in the Prati neighborhood, taking classes near the Piazza del Popolo, drawing in the Borghese Gardens in the spring. I miss late nights in Testaccio, touristy nights out in Campo de' Fiori at the Drunken Ship, secret bar nights at Led Zep, and sandwiches at Ristocampo. I miss wandering around on Sundays exploring the Jewish Ghetto, taking the 492 to Trastevere, the randos on the subways, saying Ciao, and Prosecco. I miss our Italian friends, Alessio, Andrea, Valerio, and Alberto. I miss meeting foreigners and then never seeing them again. I miss Michelangelo and St. Peter's and Bernini and Raphael. As far as clubs? Gilda, Piper, Micca, Goa, and Art Cafe. I miss Starbee's on weeknights. I miss being overwhelmed with things to photograph for photography class. And finally, I never thought I would say it, but I miss RyanAir.


RP

No comments:

Post a Comment