Monday, November 23, 2009

Pop Music in Moderation

I'm on a pop music listening spree and I just can't help myself. Then again, are Nelly Furtado and Timbaland considered pop? Kings of Leon? Sexiness. Enough Said. Then there's something too about T.I. . . . (and I'm a white girl from PA). I reinterpreted his lyrics to fit my current financial status:

"your finances are in disarray, prioritizing horribly"

It's become my mantra in the morning to set me off with moula-mindfulness for the day.

Here's the playlist I'm currently listening to:

"Quiet as a Mouse" - Margot and the Nuclear So and So's
"Brainy" - The National (saw The Long Count at BAM - amazing)
"Scream" - Timbaland feat. Keri Hilson and Nicole Scherzinger
"Minor Thing" - Red Hot Chili Peppers
"Hearing Damage" - Thom Yorke (that otherworldly song from the New Moon soundtrack)
"Hands" - Four Tet
"Everywhere" - Fleetwood Mac (check out the cover version by Vampire Weekend)
"Reckoner" - Radiohead
"Naive" - The Kooks
"Girlfriend in a Coma" - The Smiths
"Figaro" - Madvillain (damn good)
"Daylight" - Aesop Rock
"Writer's Block" - Just Jack
"Our Swords" - Band of Horses

Now that I think about it this list seems a little dated, but I'm one of those people that finds a song she likes and listens to it over and over and over and over until I find another.

RP

No comments:

Post a Comment